Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chris' Epic Salad (well, it's not his, but he will claim it)

Salad Dressing:
half red onion (I used a fairly large one)
1.5-2 cup sugar (I went with closer to 1.5 cups because I don't like things super sweet)
4 tsp dry/powder mustard (you can use regular mustard, but it turns the dressing into a gross color instead of the nice pink)
1 tsp salt
1 cup red wine vinegar
2 cups canola oil

Blend everything up in a blender. This makes quite a bit (like 2 mason jars), so you might want to actually half this unless you're making this for a huge group and you want left-overs.

For the salad:
I still need to figure out the names of the leafy greens I put in. I would say to go to the organic section of the produce area and look for kale, red leaves, purple leaves, there's this one that is huge bright green, etc. I find something that looks interesting and go for it. Throw it in.
red cabbage
cauliflower
add whatever veggies you think might be good. It's all about adding more colors. I meant to throw in carrots (grated) but forgot.

Chop things up so they are pretty thin/small, especially the cabbage. You want your fork to have a mix of veggies and not just one giant bitter leaf on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment